8.11.2008

All this crafting YUMMINESS awaits!

For those of you in the Minnesota area September 12-14, you MUST check out ScrapFest at the Mall of America. Sponsored by Archiver's, this event is UH-MAZING. Last year was the first year I could attend, and I signed up for three classes, and went for one entire day. After a minute at the event, I vowed I'd do the entire weekend this year. And I am. When the classes were announced, I instantly made my list of the ones I just HAD to take. I put them into a few categories, rated on which I'd pick up first, then second, etc. Signing up for these classes is a major deal. You've got to be fast. There are limited seats and things sell out fast. So I had my game plan. I had my credit card number written in huge leaders, taped in front of me so I was sure to type it in fast. The day the classes went on sale, I was at the computer, ready and 6:59 a.m. to sign in and register for classes. Oh, was I sweating, grabbing stuff, adding it to my cart, and checking out one at a time like they recommend. Only a few minor computer lock-outs, and by 7:23 a.m. I had scheduled 11 classes. I missed out on one Hambly Studios, but I am very satisfied with how I did. And most everything was sold out by that time! Cripes, that stuff goes fast. Below is a list of what I have waiting for me:
  • Me & My Big Ideas: Family Circle Album, circle chipboard album
  • K & Company: Scrapbooking with Amy Butler - create two 12x12 double page layouts and Celebrate Fall
  • Heidi Swapp: create 2 12x12 layouts
  • Basic Grey: create 6 Euphoria Magnetic cards
  • Cosmo Cricket: Frightfully fun Haunted Album, and Charming Card Boxusing Jack's World collection
  • Fancy Pants: two page spread using clear transparencies
  • Hero Arts: taught by Her Coolness herself, the one and only Jennifer McGuire - Clearly Cute Photo Tag Book. This was the FIRST class I added, the one that I knew I did not want to miss out on.
  • Tim Holtz: taught by THE Tim Holtz, making a mosaic mirro
  • Autumn Leaves: Stampology 101

Who else out there is going to Scrapfest and what classes did you get into?

Have you seen the new Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog. It has lulled me to sleep the past two nights. I've read it like a bedtime story. I can't get the images and the amazing new colors out of my head. I'm compiling my order. There are 5 sets that I am in LOVE with, but a ton of new Designer Series Papers and other embellishments that are yumm-o. I've got a bunch of retired stuff and retired papers on ebay to make money for new stuff. Wish I could keep it ALL. I hate having to get rid of stuff. but I figure if I haven't used it by now....off it goes to make someone else's day.

No comments: