9.04.2008

I needed to do a Congrats card for a friend who just got engaged. I decided to partake in Kristina Werner's color challenge to give me a starting point. I used a Stampin' Up set from the summer mini "all about spring", which has only been used for these 'bride to be' cards. I used mini crystals& marbles on the flowers. I had never used these before; a word of caution: they are VERY MINI. When they spill, they go EVERYWHERE and are very hard to pick up. Hee hee. I really wish I could tie cute bows. I've watched video of it, to no avail. Still can't do it. Uck.
Looking for a good book? I just finished "Skeletons at the Feast" by Chris Bohjalian. It. Was. Fantastic. I didn't want to put it down. It has several story lines, and intertwines the lives of a German refugee, a Scottish POW, and several Jewish prisoners during WWII. It was a whole different perspective of the Holocaust and the attrocities that went on during that time. Chris Bohjalian is one of my FAVE authors. Can't go wrong with him.

No comments: