9.16.2008

Scrapfest hangover and why made in the USA stamps are so amazing!

Scrapfest weekend. Holy tiredness. I feel like I got hit my the scrapbook bully and totally pounded on. Four days of scrappin', scrappin', and MORE scrappin'. Oh yeah, and scrappin.' This was the first year I went all three days, and boy am I glad I did. First off, I got to visit a ton with my fave friend Andrea. (hi cutie!) Day one I had four great classes, (Cosmo Cricket, Heidi Swapp and two others) and got to do a few make n' takes. Friday night was the big crop at Archiver's sponsored by Basic Grey. I got about 14 pages nearly-done, and am finishing them up today. Saturday Day two I had 4 more classes, all four fabulous again. Sunday my last class was with the adorable JENNIFER MCGUIRE. How cute is she?!? And seriously...if you think she's cute online, you should see her in person. What a great class, with some great tips, and even greater prizes and giveaways. Did I mention all the free schwag you come away with at Scrapfest? Well, ya do. I'm guessing my bags of stuff that I bought, and that I got, was over 40 pounds. Seriously. I had to take pictures so people would believe me. The first one is all the stuff that was given out during classes or won as prizes. Do you SEE all those stamp sets?!?!? Yes, that is one by Autumn Leaves, one Cosmo Cricket, one from Hero Arts... the list goes on. And on. And let me just talk for a minute about Hero Arts. I had only purchased one of their sets prior to Scrapfest. A cute butterflies in several sizes. I liked it fine. In the HA class, I learned this little bit of info: While many clear stamps are made in Taiwan or China, HA stamps are made in the USA. And stamps made in China are different than stamps made in the USA. A little material called photopolymer something or other, which makes all the difference. You know how sometimes with a clear stamp, when you stamp the impression, it looks kind of beady...kind of like you spit on the stamp prior to making the imprint...it's just not perfect? Yeah, well, that doesn't happen with these photopolymer/made in the USA stamps. And now I know why, whenever I saw a Hero Arts sample stamped at Archiver's I thought to myself "did they PRINT that sentiment, or how does it look so perfect?!" Now I know! And, now I am totally hooked on HA stamps! And then there is all THIS stuff. This came from the $1.99 Hot Spot at Archiver's. Yum. Yum. YUM. Love that place. And I feel so proud of myself that I only shopped at the $1.99 section all weeekend. Nevermind that I came home with more than 100 items from that little tempting place. How can you resist $1.99 rolls of 15 yards of Bazzill ribbon? Not me! That's why I bought 13 of them. Or $1.99 chipboard?!? Again...10 of 'em. Everything you see here - $1.99. Love you, Archivers.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Look at all that Loot!
I will have to go next year for sure!