7.01.2014

Up next: Brookings Summer Arts Festival

Hello to everyone we met at the Festival of Fine Craft in Highland Park, IL this weekend! Such great weather ! Next up: I head in the opposite direction for some time in South Dakota. Brookings Summer Arts Festival is July 12-13. I'll be in the parking lot in front of Anderson Insurance.



Photo courtesy of shutterstock
You've probably seen this one as it made its way around Facebook: 10 Ways to Give Your Kids a 1970s style summer.  I enjoyed it, and nodded my head a few times as I read over it. I loved that it was in total contrast to what I last posted about 160 Ideas to keep your kids entertained. It's kind of the yin and yang to the theory of what to do to keep them entertained. And then there is THIS adorable little sign:

I'm trying to find the time to make it in a way that is cutesy and creative: use scrapbook paper, put it on a canvas, etc. But honestly, I think I'll just write it on white paper and stick it on the fridge. I'll save myself the guilt and the dream of actually making something better than what I found it on Pinterest. Who needs THAT guilt?!?

Happy Fourth of July week! This we all gather at Grandma's Lake Resort. It's my favorite holiday because there is always lots of food. I always try to make something new and yummy so I'm perusing my Pinterest board to try to find something that is sure to please everyone. I"m thinking I"m for SURE making this guacamole:

I get on these kicks where I'm a HUGE pinner. Be sure to check out some of the recipes I've got pinned here, and let me know which are your favorites! 


Be on the lookout for some sale boards showing up on my Facebook page soon! 

No comments: